Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I'm driving a 2011 Toyota Corolla and the battery run flat

Customer Question

Hi, I'm Alex - I'm driving a 2011 Toyota Corolla and the battery run flat overnight and boosted it with the poles connected backwards. The horn went off and then I realized my mistake. I replaced all the burned fuses in the exterior fuse box as well as 1 in the interior fuse box (under the steering), the rest is still good. Still, no power to the power steering, central locking, windows, indicators, radio, but the car could start and run, but the alternator did not charge. I tested the alternator and it is good. After ordering the master fuse and replacing it in the exterior fuse box, the electric windows, radio, wipers came back on, but no power to the instrument panel and the car won't start. I charged the battery overnight.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

I have seen in several cases before where when the vehicle is jump started back words like this here this can damage some of the vehicles computers.I have had to replace several computers in the past before for issues like this here.What needs to be done from here is to have a scan tool connected to your vehicle to read out all computers fault codes and to see which computers are communicating and which are not.The computers that are not communicating are usually the ones that are affected and in most cases need replaced.The power and ground signals to these computers will need checked to make sure they are all present to be sure it is the computers themselves needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Thanks Pete.