Genchi Genbutsu
Genchi Genbutsu, Toyota Master Technician
Experience:  Toyota Certified Master Diagnostic Technician, ASE Master Technician with L1 Advanced Engine
17930070

I have a 03 Toyota ghlander that's makes a clicking noise

Customer Question

I have a 03 Toyota Highlander that's makes a clicking noise when you take off ,think its in the VSC but don't know for sure
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Genchi Genbutsu replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for allowing me to help you with this concern today and am sorry to hear that this is happening. I will have to ask you a few questions so that I can get a better understanding as to what may be going on with your Highlander.

Could you give a little more information about this "clicking noise" you are hearing?

Do you hear it inside or outside the vehicle? Do you feel this clicking in the brake pedal?

How long does the clicking last and down it get faster/louder as the vehicle speeds up?