cardoctor71
cardoctor71, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE MasterCertified Tehnician with 35 years experience diagnosing and repairing all makes and models of cars and trucks.
36867192

I have a 95 Toyota Tacoma, I belive it is actually a 95.5

Customer Question

I have a 95 Toyota Tacoma, I belive it is actually a 95.5 model with the 2.7 liter. my fuel milage was around 20 mpg, now is around 12 or so, throws a po170 code, I can clear it and will not come on for a few days, cleaned maf with proper cleaner a couple time now, same issue, also have black soot build up on tail pipe. a couple of times it took longer to start, ant ideas
Category: Toyota
Expert:  cardoctor71 replied 1 year ago.

The engine has a severe intake manifold vacuum leak according to the code and the fact of the black soot in tailpipe, the computer is forcing the mixture rich in an attempt to compensate for the intake manifold vacuum loss.

Please rate my service a 3 or above, if for some reason you can not ,please ask me another question ,I will continue to answer your questions even after you rate my service until you are satisfied with my answers.