Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

When I start my 2009 automatic Toyota corolla, it starts

Customer Question

When I start my 2009 automatic Toyota corolla, it starts fine, but when it shifts into 2nd
it makes a thump sound, and runs fine after that. When I stop and take a slow take off
same problem, when I slow and take a fast take off no problem
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. Thsi sounds very much like either a motor mount or a transaxle mount issue. The thumping you are experiencing would be characteristic of this kind of noise we see in the shop....we usually find that either a motor mount rubber insulator is weak or cracked, or the rubber insulator has separated from the metal portion of the mount. The recommendation I have for you on this request would be to have the motor mounts visibly checked with the car on a vehicle hoist; replace as needed.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply; I will be very glad to help you further.

If you do not have any questions, and are satisfied with my input today, thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations.

A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry.

Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer