Fixitman
Fixitman, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, AA Degree Auto/Diesel Tech
1627031

2007 toyota sienna here a real fast clicking sound when i

Customer Question

2007 toyota sienna here a real fast clicking sound when i let off throttle even in neutral noise seems to stop around 20mph or so just before i stop
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Fixitman replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** for the question. Will it make this noise revving the engine in park?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no it does not do it in park only while in motion I even put it up on jack stands put it in gear ran up speed let off throttle here its really pronounced it sure sounds like its an internal issue possibly a bearing
Expert:  Fixitman replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. Most of the time if this happens only when slowing down it is caused by an issue within the transmission. There are issues within the transmission that will cause the clutch packs to make a noise like this. One other failure I have seen to cause this is a failure in the cam timing actuators. This can occur if they are failing, but can also make noise if the engine oil is low or if the oil is not changed often and there is some sludge build up.