sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

My MAP DVD battery failed and the navigation system is not

Customer Question

My MAP DVD battery failed and the navigation system is not working now. The screen display:PLEASE INSERT MAP DVD ". Could you tell me what can I do ?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to Justanswer!

If it is unable to see the map DVD after a battery disconnect then odds are the issue is an internal failure in the radio/navigation assembly. Radios are very sensitive to proper voltage and it isn't uncommon for them to fail after a jump start, battery disconnect, etc.

If it doesn't see the disc then the failure is either internal, the disc isn't in place or the disc is damaged. Have you ensured the disc is actually in place and doesn't have any damage on the surface that would prevent it from being read correctly?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If you want DVD work,i must be change new DVD map????thanks

I doubt the disc is the issue. Is it damaged?