Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I am trying to find a tech sheet 2012 toyota sienna. My van

Customer Question

good afternoon, I am trying to find a tech sheet for my 2012 toyota sienna. My van recently got broke into. I purchased an alarm system and just getting ready to install it. The directions tell me i need a "tech sheet" basically a wiring diagram for color of wire with what is controls
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have seen some of the tech sheet that installers used on you tube, it was basically list of items ( door lock ---- 12v---black yellow wire) it had appx. 30 or so items on it.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
I am sorry that you have not been helped yet.
I have not located the type of "tech sheet" you are talking about. Toyota has about 100 wiring diagrams for your vehicle. IF you can provide me exactly what wires and or components you need, I should be able to upload them.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is that the end of it or is the hunt still on? I have prettying exhausted my searches and the dealerships basically sigh when I aske for this kind of "top secret information"
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
There are alot of spec sheets that are proprietary that car manufacturers dont release even to the dealers.
However, the directions and schematics that should have come with your alarm system you bought should tell you exactly what wires it needs to be connected to - for example - ignition battery feed wire, starter feed wire, etc. While not listing the colors, it should tell you the name of the wire.
If you can list where each wire in the alarm system and what the directions say it should go to, I can pull the needed wiring diagrams and get you the wire color and connector pin location.
It may take a bit depending upon how many wiring diagrams and connector pinouts I have to go thru, but it is doable
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please disregard. I already found it on the web. I thank you for you time and research.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
Ok, I will have it closed - glad you got it and have a good week!