Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

I have a 2000 Camry with 250,000 miles. When at operating

Customer Question

Hi. I have a 2000 Camry with 250,000 miles. When at operating temp it runs rough and stalls when idling in drive or reverse. The oil light is blinking. Oil levels are full. What'ss upp?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. The idle is caused by a poorly responding Idle Air Control Valve ("IAC") the IAC is responsible for the idle speed of the engine. If the engine is idling too slow, there is insufficient engine RPM to spin the oil pump fast enough to maintain proper oil pressure. The IAC is located underneath the throttle body; the throttle body needs to be removed to facilitate replacement of the IAC valve. If you are familiar with engines, replacement of the IAC would not be a very difficult job.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply. I will be very glad to assist you further.

If you do not have any questions, and are satisfied with my input today, thanks for choosing Just Answer.

It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations.

A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry.

Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer