Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

I replaced the Radio in my 2004 Rav4. The Old Radio worked

Customer Question

Hi there, I replaced the Radio in my 2004 Rav4. The Old Radio worked fine but now I don't get any of them to work anymore. I found out I blew two 7.5 fuses and replaced them. I checked all fuses and they all look fine now. I still don't get any of them to work. It looks like I don't get any power on the radio cables. Everything els works fine. Any ideas?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. There are 2 different audio systems available for this model. THe JBL system and the Non JBL system

The JBL system has 3 fuses. You should have power on the GREY wire, both BLUE/RED wires and the BLUR/YELLOW wire at the wire connector on the back of the JBL radio wire connection.

The JBL fuses are: 15 amp RADIO, 30 amp RADIO #2 and the 7.5 amp ACC

The None-JBL system should have power in the GREY and the BLUE/YELLOW wires at the back of the radio wire connection

Depending on which radio you have, if you do not have power on the specified wires, you next need to test for voltage at the fuses themselves. Remove the specified fuses and test for voltage with the key on. You should have voltage present in one side of the fuse socket. Also...please advise if the dome light works. Power for the 15 amp RADIO fuse comes form the 30 amp CUT fuse located on the fuse panel under the dash. Please check that fuse too.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations. A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry.

Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer