Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

2004 Toyota Sienna 200,000 miles. Air conditioner quit

Customer Question

2004 Toyota Sienna 200,000 miles. Air conditioner quit blowing cold air. AC light is on. Replaced MG CLT relay with horn relay but clutch did not kick in. Hooked up refrigerant gauge which showed in the red So I did not try to charge it.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.
What is the actual pressure reading - not red, green, yellow - but the pressure in psi.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
100
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
Ok, with compressor off, if the high side reading is about the same, then 100psi is good reading.
Let me pull the schematics for the wiring as this is an electrical issue
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Your last response ended up in my spam box which I cannot access until I get to work so it will be a few days.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please advise of the status of my request for help. I got a response telling me you were checking the schematics. The next response, which originally ended up in my spam box, just told me I could chat online if I wanted to. Still need your answer as to why you think the air conditioner is not kicking out cold air.