Genchi Genbutsu
Genchi Genbutsu, Toyota Master Technician
Experience:  Toyota Certified Master Diagnostic Technician, ASE Master Technician with L1 Advanced Engine
17930070

P0017 code Toyota Venza 2010

Customer Question

P0017 code Toyota Venza 2010
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Genchi Genbutsu replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for allowing me to help you with this concern today and am sorry to hear that this is happening. I will have to ask you a few questions so that I can get a better understanding as to what may be going on with your Venza.

Have you tried to make any repairs yet?

Did you just purchase this Venza?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No repairs yet and vehicle was purchased 2 years ago used. Still under extended warranty. Seems like maybe a OCV or VVT.

Good call and yes, you are correct. Toyota issued a TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) on this code and the fix is to replace the OCV. Here is a copy of the TSB and updated part numbers... This repair is normally covered by most extended repair companies but the Dealer may have to order the parts and usually takes 1 day to gets the parts needed.