Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

I own a 2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser recently I took the vehicle

Customer Question

I own a 2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser recently I took the vehicle to a toyota service station with the engine light on and trac and vsc light also on, they told me that they need to open the engine because the code p0016 come on diagnosis
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. The first thing you need to do here is to not return to that service facility. They have no idea what they are talking about, they are guessing, or they are simply trying to rob you. A P0016 code (with an engine that runs/the car is driveable) most often indicates a poor connection at the crankshaft position sensor. This does not require any engine dis-assembly. The recommendation I have for you on this request is two-fold. !) find a more reputable and knowledgeable serice facility, and, 2) have the crankshaft position sensor wire harness checked for any possible damage, or a poor connection at the connectors where the sensor plugs into the wire harness. If no problems are found with the wires, replace the crank sensor. This should take no more than two hours at the most.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations. A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry.

Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will try your avice

You are very welcome. Glad to help. A positive rating would be greatly appreciated .. Thanks