ToyotaTom
ToyotaTom, Toyota Technician
Experience:  Toyota, ASE, MSE, MECP Certified
30956819

After 5 months of working perfectly with my IPhone 4S, the

Customer Question

After 5 months of working perfectly with my IPhone 4S, the voice recognition (only) failed on my 2014 Prius at about the same time as I bought a 5S. I've been at my local dealership four times and they are no help at all! Voice recognition worked with a mechanic's phone but it did not work with the head of maintenance's phone at the dealership as he sat in my car. To be clear, the bluetooth linkage is fine. But the voice recognition has failed completely. I want it fixed and apparently my dealership doesn't know how to fix it and therefore is throwing up its hands. Robin
Category: Toyota
Expert:  ToyotaTom replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Can you please provide the software (iOS) version your phone is running? Also, try this, as it will usually solve a lot of the little quirks like that. Delete your phone from the radio's paired device list. Also delete the vehicle from your phone's remembered device list so it is like it was never paired to begin with. Then shut the vehicle off. Close all apps on your phone and restart your phone. Try to re-pair your phone and see if that resolves the issue. If not, please let me know and we can try to work from there but let's start with the basics :)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will try this today. Am running iOS 8.4 right now
Expert:  ToyotaTom replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. Please let me know how it goes for you. The iPhone should work fine, it sounds like a pairing issue to me. Sometimes when pairing it may corrupt just enough that it mostly works, but with a few "glitches" here and there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am going to camp and cannot try your first solution until next week. I'll be back to you then. Robin
Expert:  ToyotaTom replied 1 year ago.

Not a problem, i'm in no hurry at all. Let me know whenever you have the opportunity and if necessary we can take next steps :)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oops...just sent a separate email so am writing here too. Tried your fix above and it didn't work. Nothing changed. I tried "Call Larry Pixley mobile" which the system understood perfectly for six months. Now I get a series of 5 numbers (not whole phone numbers - just five numbers) or several totally unrelated names, e.g. nothing that has alphabet or sounds like either "Larry" or "Pixley." So it's not a pairing issue apparently. Remember that I can receive calls while in the car (or make them manually) without any problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When do you think I will hear from you? Thanks!
Expert:  ToyotaTom replied 1 year ago.

I am really sorry, but I have not had the opportunity to log in, I just had a baby and will not be available for a while. I will open this up for.oher experts to chime in, I apologize for any inconvenience.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay. I'm waiting for other experts. And congratulations on the new baby.