Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

Can a recycled shock/ strut/ spring assembly 1987 Toyota

Customer Question

Can a recycled shock/ strut/ spring assembly for a 1987 Toyota Supra with TEMS electronic suspension fit/ work in a 1991 Supra with electronic suspension?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. The Struts for the 87 thru 91 Supras are all the same. A used TEMS (if it works) will fit. Good used TEMS struts are becoming very scarce these days.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations. A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry.

Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I thought they would work, just needed confirmation.

If you want to discontinue the TEMS, KYB makes some excellent replacement shocks. This is a viable alternative if you cannot find good used TEMS parts.