Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Had Toyota tundra 2013 in four wheel drive when I took it

Customer Question

had Toyota tundra 2013 in four wheel drive when I took it out it grinded and the trac light came on and the 4 wheel light started blinking truck stuck in neutral put in drive no go or in reverse no go
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This sounds like the common fault with a faulty transfer case shift motor itself or an issue inside the transfer case mechanically causing this fault here.I have seen both occur causing issues like this here needing corrected.

The fault codes need checked in all computers to see what codes are set.If any codes are set for the transfer case system this will help diagnose and locate the cause here.

The transfer case shift motor and transfer case itself will need inspected/tested to pinpoint and repair the fault here.

Thanks Pete