Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP
If you can unplug the MAF and it doesn't change the way it runs then the MAF isn't sending a signal to the PCM. I'm willing to bet that there is a wiring problem from the MAF. Which code did you pull?
Have you tried to to a throttle position relearn? I had one lose calibration once and I had to manually force a relearn.
1. Disconnect the battery cables and cross them together.
2. Hold then crossed for about 1 minute.
3. Then hook up the positive cable, but before you connect the negative hold the throttle flap closed all the way on the throttle body. I had to have a helper.
4. Then connect the negative battery cable. It should learn the closed throttle position as the idle position.
5. Start the truck and see how it runs.