Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech
Experience:  Toyota Master Tech, ASE Certified
1279120

I have a 2005 Toyota Corolla has 226,000 miles, the engine

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Toyota Corolla has 226,000 miles, the engine light is on and the transmission jerks into gear, help
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 1 year ago.

Hello, thanks for posting

Have you had any diagnostic codes retrieved from the computer yet?

Please be a little more specific as to what cylinder was replaced? And what was included on the service?

There is still a recall in effect for the engine computer which can cause shifting issues, do you know if the ECM recall has been done?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A c02 I think it is called and the transmission was serviced. Yes a code came up about the cylinder
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did we get disconnected
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 1 year ago.

No, I'm still here, can you have the diagnostic code read or do you have a code reader?

Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'll have to go offline in 15 minutes, please try to get the code numbers from the computer, most autoparts stores like Autozone do this for free, then let me know, also it would help if you could give me the part number off the computer, it's located below the glove compartment, there may be a black cover that has to be unclipped, then you can see the computer, the label will have some numbers, look for the number that starts with 89661- then some more letters and numbers, these are important so I can find out if it has the updated computer or not, thanks.