Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

I t a huge bump and the factory stereo in my 1999 Toyota

Customer Question

I hit a huge bump and the factory stereo in my 1999 Toyota Camry went dead. Nothing at all happening. Have removed it to check for loose wiring but it still is dead. Found about $2 in change inside (thanks, ***** ***** old son). Do I just need to replace?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. Assuming the fuse is good and you have power to the radio wire connector, these radios were exceptionally notorious for output section (amplifier) failures. Hitting a good sized bump may have cause the amplifier section to have an open circuit, the the capacitors in the output section may have come loose from the printed circuit board, or the output section has failed. Repair of the existing radio starts at 200 dollars from the factory authorized repair service. You can get a really nice quality radio,m with more features these days for 200 or so dollars. Personally, I would just replace the radio. You might end up spending 400 dollars to fix it.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations. A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry.

Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer

Do you have any other questions on this request? Thanks.