Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Car won't start

Customer Question

car won't start
Submitted: 1 year ago via CarComplaints.com.
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
battery is good wont turn over in park or nuetral
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.

If you know for sure that the battery is good (if it has been tested to make sure because even though it may have voltage or show around 12 volts it may not have enough amperage in it) and the engine will not crank over in park or neutral this can be a fault with the electronic ignition switch in most cases.I have seen this switch fail several times before in the past needing replaced to correct this issue here.

This switch will need to be tested to see if it is sending and receiving the correct signals.I have seen this switch fail before causing this issue needing replaced.The other component that may be more common and easier to test is the starter itself as it can fail electronically causing this.

Thanks Pete