Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

2002 Rav 4 speedo stopped working .what is an approximate

Customer Question

Hi, 2002 Rav 4 speedo stopped working .what is an approximate cost to fix.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. If the check engine light is on, and the speedometer is not working, that is usually an indication that the Vehicle Speed Sensor ("VSS") is not working properly or has failed. A replacement VSS, depending on your engine/transmission combination will run from 150 to 279 dollars. Labor is about 1.5 to 2 hours are your area's local labor rate. In my shop that would be 479 dollars plus tax.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations. A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry.

Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer