Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I somehow created an electrical gremlin in the ignition

Customer Question

Hello, I somehow created an electrical gremlin in the ignition circuit of my 2005 Sequoia last weekend while carrying out some basic repairs/maintenance. The four things I did were, 1) replace the rear liftgate latch, 2) remove a couple fuse-tapped (from dash fuse panel) additional circuits that the previous owner had used to power an aftermarket GPS and backup camera, 3) replace MAF sensor (attempt to make idle smoother), and 4) clean corrosion off battery terminals. Before this, the vehicle ran fine, with maybe just a hint of uneven idle, mainly with the AC on. After performing these 4 above items, my truck will crank but not start, and my OBDII code reader shows P0351-8, which are the circuits for all ignition coils. I have checked all fuses under hood and dash, and they are all showing continuity...
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing??
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Inspect the fuse area you had removed or re wired to see if any factory wiring was disconnected when this was done.Follow the wiring from the fuse taped area to see if any wiring damage is found or wired pulled from any connections.If these are all checked and found to be o.k. let me know.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Pete, but due to the delay in response, I have already taken the vehicle to a repair shop.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Your welcome,no problem.Once again I do apologize for the delay and posted as soon as I saw your question myself.If there is anything else I can help with here let me know.

Thanks Pete