scionking
scionking, Toyota Expert
Experience:  5 YRS EXP. ASE MASTER CERTIFIED/ TOYOTA MASTER CERTIFIED
26789525

MY 2013 TUNDRA IS NOT STARTING AND HAS THESE CODES p033C

Customer Question

mY 2013 TUNDRA IS NOT STARTING AND HAS THESE CODES p033C P032C
Category: Toyota
Expert:  scionking replied 1 year ago.

Has this truck been sitting for an extended amount of time? Ive encountered two instances of were this has happened because a vehicle sat for an extended length of time and a mouse chewed through the wires under the intake manifold. Check for evidence of mice in and around intake manifold.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, this vehicle has not sat I saw this rodent instance online as well, but it happened while i was driving the truck....definitely not varmints.....
Expert:  scionking replied 1 year ago.

Have you inspected in and around the intake already? A bore scope is handy to check under intake without removing it. Just because it didn't sit for an extended time does not mean it couldn't be rodents.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we checked it...I can guarantee it is not rodents
Expert:  scionking replied 1 year ago.

Inspect around engine computer for any water intrusion. Remove connector off engine computer and look at pins for any sign of green corrosion.

The next step would be to remove intake manifold and preform a resistance check from the knock sensor connector pins to the ecu pins to verify you have a complete circuit.

Expert:  scionking replied 1 year ago.

Have you inspected ECU, and connectors? Did you end up removing Intake manifold? Do you need any more assistance at this time, if not please accept my answer at this time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Had some time to get back at it, and everything is hooked up nice and snug