Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Toyota Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Toyota Diagnostics
18617752

Have a 2000 Avalon code p1155 is that the one in the middle

Customer Question

Have a 2000 Avalon code p1155 is that the one in the middle behind the engine but not by the passenger door the one on the manifold in back got it unplugged but sensor appears to be the sensor with the rubber piece that goes into the frame?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry the Tech you requested was unavailable to assist you today. It appears that Tech is currently "Offline". Now that his 15 minute "request lock" has expired, hopefully I can be of some assistance in his place...
The P1155 is a very straight forward code pointing to a problem with the A/F Sensor for Bank2. If you have a sensor that has a rubber grommet on it, it sounds like you have Bank1/Sensor2, which is the wrong sensor. The sensor you want with the P1155 is mounted to the exhaust manifold on the side of the engine closest to the front of the vehicle (click here for a location view image). Carefully inspect the electrical connector and wire harness for any loose, broken or damaged wires. If the visual inspection checks ok, replacing the sensor will solve the problem. These are actually fairly common wear and tear fail items. Please do the right thing and remember to leave a rating using the rating system at the top of this page or accept the answer so I may be credited for this Q&A. You can ask follow-up questions any time, even after you rate or accept.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.

.