Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

My 2011 Toyota Camry XLE slows down and stops. The

Customer Question

My 2011 Toyota Camry XLE slows down and stops. The acelerater does nothing, The car stops but engine is still idling. Turn off the key and turn back on and engine starts and runs perfectly
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. This sounds like you have either a problem in the accelerator pedal position sensor or a problem with the electronic throttle control motor. Neither of these units can be checked without the aid of the Toyota Diagnostic check box. The absolute best thing for you to do is schedule an appointment with your local Toyota dealer. If thsi problem continues without being checked, this could eventually lead to a situation where you need to get it towed. There may be a reprogram to the computer that the dealer service department can do to rectify this situation.