Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

My truck goes dead when I accelerate short time then I hear

Customer Question

My truck goes dead when I accelerate for a short time then I hear sounds like Tin being hit while the computer is resetting. Than the car excelerates, Ps My blue tire swirv light stays on.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
This sounds like a possible lack of fuel to the engine,I have seen low fuel pressure or volume issues due to plugged fuel filters or a fuel pump intermittently acting up that will cause this issue off and on like this here.The lean condition causes lack of power or no power when accelerating and a possible lean condition engine pinging issue.I would have the fuel system tested to see if you can pinpoint one of these as the cause here.
Thanks Pete