sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Donn,I have a 2011 Toyota Tacoma and just today I opened the

Customer Question

hi donn,I have a 2011 Toyota Tacoma and just today I opened the door and the horn started beeping...can you help me
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a 2011 Tacoma with only 29,000 miles. The horn sounds when I use the key to open the door . sounds like an alarm.I didn't know it had an alarm but it might be a factory alarm. How do you shut it off. I cant drive it , the horns blowing intermittently as I drive down the road.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
If you're hearing a timed honk from the horn then it's most likely an alarm issue. If it's going off randomly or in a solid burst then it's most likely a horn switch issue.
If it's going off in a timed fashion and it happened as a result of opening the door then it should be alarm related. Pressing the unlock button on the key fob should disarm factory security if in fact that's what you're hearing and the system is operating correctly. If you entered by unlocking manually with the key rather than pressing the unlock button on the fob that would explain it going off.