Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

Discovered oil leak this morning under my car. i have 93

Customer Question

discovered oil leak this morning under my car. i have 93 4runner. first owner 120K miles. am i entitled to recall on head gasket and should i have it replaced if giving me no problem
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the engine has oil around front and right of dip stick.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I meant to say on engine block, not where oil dip stick is. thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can oil be leaking thru head gasket?
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. An oil leak on the side of the block is not usually indicative of a head gasket issue. Most likely, you have a valve cover hasket issue. I would clean the oil off of the sides of the engine, replace both valve cover gaskets and see if that cures the problem. I do believe that the head gasket special service campaign on this year vehicle has expired. I would not replace the head gaskets unless a failure is found with the gaskets.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations. A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry.

Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer