Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech
Experience:  Toyota Master Tech, ASE Certified
1279120

Ted, i only seen 4 small oprox. 1/8 inch vacuum lines and

Customer Question

hey ted, i only seen 4 small oprox. 1/8 inch vacuum lines and one multy electrical plug going to the air filter housing no 1/2 inch vacuum line. all of which are atached. also along with the check engine, the vsc light, now my tire pressure lite is on.
i checked tire pressue and they were fine. the manual said there was a reset for that somewhere arround the steering wheel but i could not find it.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the reply

The tire pressure light and vsc light normally turn on right after the check engine light and are irrelevant at this time, the next step would be to get diagnostic codes from the computer, this requires a code reader connected to the diagnostic port, most people don't have one of these but most auto parts stores like Autozone can help you get these codes at no charge, if you could do that at your convenience it would help a lot in finding out what the problem may be, I would need the actual code numbers, I still kind of think that when they replaced the alternator something was not reconnected but let's find out what the codes are and it will be easier to identify and where to go next.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i will have that done tomorrow. i thought that would be the next step. just was hoping for something simple and stupid. which im sure it is. hopefully i will be able to continue with you tomorrow. thanks
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 1 year ago.

That's no problem, I'll be here most of the day.