Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

04 Tacoma frame rust damage in the rear. Can it be fixed

Customer Question

Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. The question is how bad is the rust? If the metal is falling apart, and you can put a hole in it with a screwdriver, I would strongly advise to not try any repairs. Toyota is aware of frame rust issues and are in the process of replacing rusted frames for free. You should call the Toyota Customer Experience Center for further direction on their policy regarding rusted frame replacements. Their number is ***** 8 0 0 3 3 1 4 3 3 1. Hopefully they will award you with a new frame. If you have any questions, please feel free to reply. A positive rating for my assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for choosing Just Answer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Answer didn't help. Toyota said they offered to repair for former owner in 2012 and he didn't respond, sold to a dealer here. I bought it for my son and now I'm out 15 grand. Wonderful
Have your local dealership schedule you an appointment with the Toyota District Service Representative. They are empowered to assist on issues like this.