Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech
Experience:  Toyota Master Tech, ASE Certified
1279120

I have a2010 camry as well. I just replaced the spiral

Customer Question

I have a2010 camry as well. I just replaced the spiral cable. In the process of installing it, the horn wire grounded out, sounding the horn. I pulled the fuse from the fuse box, finished installing the spiral cable, including connecting the horn wire put the fuse inand now the horn doesn't work. Any ideas.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.

Double check the horn wire and make sure it didnt get pinched or cut when the new spiral cable was installed.If the fuse is back in its original position (double check this as well) I dont see the horns failing or the horn relay when the spiral was installed.If the fuse is good and back in place properly and the wire is o.k. let me know as we will have to do some electrical testing to locate the fault.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The horn wire looks good. I did nit take he steering wheel off again, but I believe it was in place when the horn began to sound and then I took out the fuse. The horn didn't,t work great before this repair, but it was loud when it sounded today. I can't figure what it might be.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a test light or multi meter to test electrical with?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a meter. Not very good at using it.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Can you locate the horn relay located in the under hood drivers side fuse and relay panel.If so tap on this relay and see if the horn works then.If it does then this relay needs replaced.If it does not we will have to do some electrical testing to pinpoint the fault.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sure which one is the horn relay. It's not labelled on the diagram. The fuses are the horn and the s-horn (safety horn.? This sounds when I push the red button on the ignition key)
The relays are Vsc 2, Vsc 1, fans 1, 2, and 3, ST, IG 2 EFI 1main, ST CUT, RR DEF,
There are two, long, thin blue rectangular devices with numbers on them as shown: 82620-07050 and82620-33030. Not sure what they do.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My info is not showing a great picture as well of this relay.It looks to be next to the light control circuit.

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

This info below shows how the horn circuit works.The horn pad triggers a ground signal through the spiral cable contact to the horn relay then out to the horns.If the fuses are good there is a good chance this relay did not fail when the spiral contact was replaced but that either the spiral contact was faulty out of the package and needs replaced again or that it may have been damaged when it was installed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As I said before, the horn wasn't working well before I had problems w/the spiral cable. Is it possible that the relay was broken before the spiral cable went?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

It is possible the relay was failing as it is one of the most common problems for horn issue and then when the horn went off when the wire grounded during the repair this may have permanently damaged the horn relay to where it needs replaced now.It is usually fairly cheap less then $30 for the relay but my info is not showing me the exact location of it.If you purchase one from a parts store or dealer they should be able to point out where it goes exactly on your model here.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This info was't helpful. I need to know specifically which is the horn relay.
I need to have the horn working for my vehicle inspection tomorrow(8/21). I identified them by the label on the fuse box cover. Can you tell me if there is a horn relay, and if the is a horn relay is it in the engine compartment fuse box and if so, which one is it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you give me any more info on the location of the horn relay for the 2010 Camry LE?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

I apologize for the delay.Unfortunately I don't have the exact location of this relay.I will open your question up for others here to see if anyone else can assist further on this.I hope this can be resolved with ease.

Thanks Pete

Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 1 year ago.

http://s3.postimg.org/hwtmpejar/Toyota_Camry_Fuse_Box_Location_114.jpg

Please click on this link and let me know if it matches your fuse diagram, the horn relay is at the lower right hand corner.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nope. That's not what the fuse diagrams show on the box under the hood or inside the car. The diagrams do not identify any relay for the horn. There are two fuses, one 10 amp for the horn and one 7.5 amp for the "S Horn."
That's what I have on the fuse diagrams. Would the horn have it's' own relay or would other functions use the same relay?