Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

Have a 2004 Sienna. The right sliding door will not unlock.

Customer Question

have a 2004 Sienna. The right sliding door will not unlock. I can hear the mechanism attempting to open, but the lock doe not seem to be releasing. Is a repair possible and would it be expensive?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. We have had this issue in the shop a few times. In order to determine the problem, the inner door panel needs to be removed. This usually takes in the area of 45 minutes to an hour. Inspection of the lock assembly would be another half hour and perhaps 30 minutes to put it back together. If all that is needed is an adjustment or a re connection, you are looking at 2 hours or so of labor times your area's labor rate. If you need a lock solenoid, figure another 280 dollars on top of the labor.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations. A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry.

Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer