Mike, Toyota Mechanic
Experience:  34 Years of working on vehicle repair/diagnostics! ;)
9261905

My 2010 Prius won't start. Get an alarm sound and a flashing

Customer Question

My 2010 Prius won't start. Get an alarm sound and a flashing exclamation warning light. Also the engine light li
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Hello and Welcome -

My name is MIKE..

From your descripton - you have an immobilser issue.

Try your spare key / fob in case of a fault with your main fob...

If that works then thats what it is -

If not- then you have a fault on the car side of things - and Im sorry, but with this - you will need garage help - because it needs to be connected to test equipment to diagnose / fix the issue.

Tips for ref - - dont have unnecessery and def not , magnetic items on your key ring. Dont leave your keys near strong magnets - speakers - microwaves etc - this all disrupts the electronics.

Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..

~~~>>>>>>~ Meanwhile now - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. Thank you in advance for that . ..

Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out -

- Best Rgds, MIKE.