scionking
scionking, Toyota Expert
Experience:  5 YRS EXP. ASE MASTER CERTIFIED/ TOYOTA MASTER CERTIFIED
26789525

Does my 2007 Camry XLE JBL radio have a unlock code. Display

Customer Question

Does my 2007 Camry XLE JBL radio have a unlock code. Display shows working fine but no sound at all.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Genchi Genbutsu replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for allowing me to help you with this concern today and am sorry to hear that this is happening. I will have to ask you a few questions so that I can get a better understanding as to what may be going on with your Camry.

No, your Camry does not use an unlock code and Toyota hasn't used this type security in many years.

Since this is a JBL unit, it will have an external amplifier that is usually located under the passenger front seat. Have you checked it, made sure that it's plugged in (maybe some work was done recently that caused it to get unplugged).

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I even switch the amplifier with one from a salvage yard and still had the same exact problem is it possible you can send me a picture of the rear side of the radio with the wires plugged in so I can make sure I'm not missing some wires

I don't have a picture of the back and the Factory repair manual wont show it. Did you remove the radio unit at any time?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I changed the evaporator core and had to remove it and it was out for about 3days.How many wires should be going to the radio? How many Din Plugs?

Please allow me to get assistance from another Expert on this. Thanks

Expert:  scionking replied 1 year ago.

Hello, check the display for the clock and the connector too it, I don't have one apart right now but I vaguely remember once plugging in the radio connector to the clock and the clock connector to the radio, if not the clock it was some thing really close to that. I thought it was the oddest thing for Toyota to put two of the same connector so close to each other.