Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

My 06 tundra light came on today. Had it scanned, p0441,

Customer Question

George
My 06 tundra light came on today. Had it scanned, p0441, p0455, p1441, p1444, p2440
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Justr Answer. Please allow me to assist you. Let's first discuss the P1441, P1444 and the P2440. This is a problem in the Secondary Air Injection system. This is a very common problem, and a very expensive one to rectify. Fortunately, Toyota has recognized that there is a problem with the Air pump valves and have taken steps to extend the warranty of certain units. The only way to rectify the P2440 is to replace the air injection pumps; there is a service policy for this. The recommendation here would be to call your local Toyota dealership service department and give them your 17 digit vehicle identification number and tell them you have a P2440 code; you would want to know if the repair will be covered for free under the warranty extension. Not all units have this coverage (there si a mileage limitation and if the vehicle is a reconstructed (salvare/R title, etc) the coverage would not apply. It is certainly worth the phone call to see if you can get the thousand dollar repair done for you for free. The P0441 and P0455 equate to a vacuum switching valve for the charcoal canister and a possible leak at the evaporative emission system hoses. A 'smoke test' would eb the recommendation to diagnose this part of your request.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations. A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry.

Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks
I will call the dealership tomorrow.
Ok. Thanks. A positive rating would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again