Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

I need the location of the vvt control solenoid oil filter

Customer Question

I need the location of the vvt control solenoid oil filter for a 2009 corolla base 1.8 4 cyl
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. The part you are speaking of is not a 'filter' in the traditional sense. It is actually a tin-mesh screen; it is inside the V V T controller on top of the engine. Follow the oil line to the top of the engine. It hooks onto the V V T solenoid. Remove the oil line the screen should be inside the oil passage

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations. A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry.

Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Looks like I made a mistake the system is a duel vvt-i. The solenoids on this model are imbedded into the top of the Valve cover
That is the top of the engine.