Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

I'm about to snap, I have a 2000 celica GTS automatic with

Customer Question

I'm about to snap, I have a 2000 celica GTS automatic with the dumb paddlesbut anyway when I take off it has no acceleration but once it gets going it runs fine. I have changed the MAF sensor,TPS, both from Toyota plugs,airfilter,run 93 octane run 3 diferent injector cleaners through it. I'm starting to think the trans is not going to 1st but I don't know. the indicator on the dash says its in 1st but it takes off like its in 2nd or 3rd. that's the acceleration problem I am having and no check engine light. My wife is up my ass cause she gonna get killed trying to pull out in traffic. only has 112 thousand on it. What could it be?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. I believe you are correct. The engine is not the issue, you are starting out in 3rd gear. This is not something you can trace out yourself. You need to take this car to a Toyota dealer where they can look at the solenoid valve application via their scan tool. Let me ask you this: Is the check engine light on? if so, you might have a speed sensor failure. If not, you probably have a sticking solenoid valve. If the transmission fluid has never been changed, now would be a good time to get the entire transmission flushed out. Not a drain the pan ATF service, a completed flush of the system. Sometimes, a good flush will clean dirt deposits that can cause the valves to stick.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations. A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry.

Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Makes sense to me, so I will make appt. and have it done. Toyota said 180.00 bucks so that ain't to bad. I will let you know how it works out, thank you

You are very welcome. Thanks for choosing Just Answer. A positive rating would be greatly appreciated.