Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I have a 2000 Toyota dyna root van not starting the fuel

Customer Question

Hi I have a 2000 Toyota dyna root van not starting the fuel pump not sending any fuel to
the injectors, this is a diesel engine
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
If this is an electrical fuel pump not sending fuel to the injectors or injection pump this can be a fault with the pump itself.I have also seen issues with cam or crank sensor failure that can disable the fuel pump from operating.This will have to be tested further to locate the cause and from there repaired to correct this fault.
If you have not had the fault codes checked this needs done first as there may be codes set that will help diagnose and locate the fault here.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hey Pete,Thank you for your response. I will hve the fault codes checked see if that helps. I'll let you know what the diagnosis is.Thanks Ronald
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I almost forgot that when I noticed the problem the glow plug light is not coming on as well.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Your welcome Ronald.
This sounds like this may be a fault with the engine computer itself needing replaced.I have seen some of these fail before in the past needing replaced causing faults like this here.I would have this checked into/tested further to see if it needs replaced.If it does you may be looking at around $800 parts and labor and a dealer may need to program the new one to your vehicle.
Thanks Pete