Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

How do i manually raise a rear tailgate window? is there a

Customer Question

how do i manually raise a rear tailgate window? is there a way to override the motor? it is stuck in the down position
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.
There may or may not be an override depending upon which model Toyota you have, which you did not list. If no override, then you have to disconnect the regulator and manually slide the window up.
Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, I managed to take out the window-lift motor, then raised the window manually. The motor seems to be frozen. I plan to order a new one, as this truck is 10 years old. Once new motor is installed, are there any sensors or ECU re-initialize proceedures to follow to make sure this works? Can I continue to use the tailgate ECU that is one there or do they also go bad? thanks, mb
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
No, there is not any re-initialization procedure for the motor. Just install it and good to go. No need to replace the tailgate ecu unless it has failed. A faulty motor does not indicate a bad ecu, so I see no reason to replace it