Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Toyota Master Diagnostic
8257649

Ok here we go cruising along at 50mph truck runs like a

Customer Question

Ok here we go cruising along at 50mph truck runs like a Swiss watch then it just stops no stutter no lag just stopped.my veil pump dose work when hooked to 12v power but when plugged into truck will not run I assume after research this is related to the afm I've tried to check with ohm meter to no avail none of my readings match not positive I'm even doing it right I'm going crazy trying to figure this thing out at first thought it wasn't getting good spark so replaced igniter coil Pac cap rotor wires.is there any aT to bypass the afm to know it's bad
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Bypass the afm to know it's bad.this thing dosent even act like it wants to start.I have opened the cold start injector and no fuel is present when turning over
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

Turn the key to the on position is the yellow check engine light illuminated? Have you checked for codes using the jumper wire method and counting the flash pattern of the yellow check engine light?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No check engine light is presently on when it first died it just rapidly blinked continually
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

Just to clarify when the key is in the on position the yellow check engine light is illuminated? Did you check for codes or know how?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
to answer your question yes I've tried but no codes were avalible
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

With the jumper wire installed into the diagnostic terminals in the DIAG box under the hood did the check engine light flash at all? Or was it on steady?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It flashed continusaly no code just blink blink blink no pause and no change in pattern .there currently is no check engine light on
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

So at this point you turn the key to the on position the yellow check engine light does not illuminate when you crank it over does the engine sound like it's cranking normally or does it appear to be cranking over unusually fast? Is this a V-6 or four-cylinder engine? I assume that you have ruled out ignition spark and or compression? When you install the jumper wire into the FP to B+ terminal in the diagnostic check connector can you make the fuel pump run continuously and do you get fuel pressure at the fuel rail?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No fuel pressure at rail but pump works bench test .there is power to pump but dose not come on when jumped
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

Is there 12v at B+ and when you install the jumper wire is there 12 volts to the blue wire with a black tracer as I recall at the pump connector?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No there dose not appear to be power to pump when hunkered b+ to fp
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

Did you confirm that B+ has 12 volts?