Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

My Siena 02 used to make whistling sound (low) upon AC

Customer Question

Good morning. My Siena 02 used to make whistling sound (low) upon AC switch turn on. I took to local mechaninc, he filled in refrigerant, drained oil, & check leak. Now when I turn AC on only air is blowing. I ahve not called the mechanic yet. What you suggest?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. The first thing I would be looking at would be the possibility that the 'Schraeder' valve that allows the refrigerant into the system may have stuck, and allowed the refrigerant to seep out. This would be easily detected when he attaches his manifold gauges to the system. If there is no pressure in the system, it has leaked out.

The 'schraeder' valve is much like the valve on the wheels where you put air into the tire.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations. A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry.

Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer