Genchi Genbutsu
Genchi Genbutsu, Toyota Master Technician
Experience:  Toyota Certified Master Diagnostic Technician, ASE Master Technician with L1 Advanced Engine
17930070

I have a 2015 Toyota ghlander XLE with a V6 engine Question:

Customer Question

Hi Tim,
I have a 2015 Toyota Highlander XLE with a V6 engine
Question: to top right of the oil fill cap, on top of the engine, there is a engine bolt hole with no bolt, is this supposed to be the case or is there a bolt missing?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Genchi Genbutsu replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for allowing me to help you with this concern today. Usually these 2GR-FE engines have an engine cover like this...

so most customers will not see what you are seeing. Do you happen to have a picture of what you see?

I ask because this engine is used not only in the Highlander but also in other models as well as in other Countries like Australia so there will be holes like this that are not used based on where it is being used.