Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

I have a 2006 Tacoma and is shudders at take off. Happened

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Tacoma and is shudders at take off. Happened overnight. Changed the plugs, took off the coils and it just made it worse. Cleaned the MAF eventhough it looked ok. hooked up the OBD scanner and no fault codes. inspected the driveline just in case but no apparent damage
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. I will assume that you went and gotr genuine Toyota plugs (hopefully) and installed them. If not, go and get the real Toyota plugs form a dealership parts department. Some non-Toyota plugs work horribly in these engines. If you DO have new (and correct) plugs installed, you need to check the transmission fluid level. If yo do not have a dipstick (some do not have a dipstick), take it to a dealership service department and tell then you want the Transmission fluid level checked. If you do not have a dipstick, you cannot check this. A special tool is required and the Toyota diagnostic test box is also needed. If you have no codes, I would suspect one of the other as listed above. I am leaning more towards low transmission fluid.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations. A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry.

Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer