Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

My headlights are out, but when I turn the switch, the

Customer Question

My headlights are out, but when I turn the switch, the instrument panel will light up. the parking lights/signal lights work just not the headlights.
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I threw the spare fuse in the headlight slots in the engine area fuse box, but that didn't seem to affect it.Turn signals work, rear lights, and the yellow parking lights work, as well as the emergency blinkers.
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. Do you have a means to check to see if there is power in the headlamp fuses? A 12 volt DC testlight of 12 volt DC voltmeter would be useful here. If we do not have power, we have a direction to proceed on. if you do have power, we have another direction to take. Please advise. Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The fuses are not the problem. I tested and replaced them. Only one was bad, But It did not rectify the problem.

We need to know if the fuses have power to trace the circuit.