Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

2007 Solara: Just bought car from private owner and the

Customer Question

2007 Solara: Just bought car from private owner and the Radio cuts off during and after raising and lowering top, or any heavy jerking of the car or when it is raining. Strange problem. Dealer wants 135$ just to diagnose problem if they can reproduce it.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
hi,
I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.
If just the sound is cutting out, then this may be an issue at the amplifier, but if power is cutting out, then possible issue at the audio unit. Either way, quite a bit of dash trim will need to come off to inspect.
If you are wanting to diagnose your self, I will upload directions to access the radio and amp, and I can say you will more understand the $135 fee the dealer charges for diagnosing after you are done with removing all the trim panel pieces just to access the radio and amp.