roy
roy, import/domestic specialest
Experience:  ASE master tech for 40 years
3506196

2002 Toyota Camry w/82,000 miles. Had front and rear brake

Customer Question

2002 Toyota Camry w/82,000 miles. Had front and rear brake pads and front rotors replaced. Had problems with braking normally after. Brake lines were not flushed. One week later, I lost all acceleration and car started smoking. 2nd repair shop said that new 2 week old brake pads were warped due to calipers seizing because brake lines were not flushed. 1st repair shop said problem was just coincidental and brake lines did not need flushing.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  roy replied 1 year ago.

good morning my name is ***** ***** I will assist

changing the brake fluid is normal service usually done around 50k. when the brake job was done, they should have felt the calipers wer not moving easily if they were bad at that time. there is also slides on the calipers that have to be serviced as well and can cause the calipers to stick. I would return to the original shop that performed the repair and let them check there work and see what they have to say. there is no way the rotors should be warped in that short period of time.

I would start there.

Roy