sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

2005 toyola tundra the remote does not talk to truck. I have

Customer Question

2005 toyola tundra the remote does not talk to truck. I have program up to the point where you push lock/unlock at the same time and then just the lock.....and nothing happens
Category: Toyota
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
If the key fob isn't working it could be a keyless entry receiver issue but it's more likely be a fob related problem.
It may just be a battery issue and the first thing you'll need to do is test or replace the battery. A digital voltmeter can be used to check the battery's condition. They are usually 3v batteries, the proper voltage will be printed on the battery.
If the battery is good then the next step will be to test the fob. Most big chain parts stores such as Autozone can test fobs for free. If the battery is good and the fob isn't transmitting then it will need to be replaced.