Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 2005 sequoia, we replaced the glass in the sun roof

Customer Question

I have a 2005 sequoia, we replaced the glass in the sun roof and not the window stops opening about 4 inches from fully open, both on auto open and holding the button down.
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my phone number is(###) ###-####
Expert:  Your Toyota Guy replied 1 year ago.

If the moon roof does not operate automatically or the jam protection function does not operate correctly, you should normalize the moon roof.

To normalize the moon roof, push and hold the switch toward the "Tilt UP" side. Then moon roof will tilt up and down, then slide open and close. After the slide close operation, release the switch.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i JUST TRIED TO NORMALIZE THE MOON ROOF, BUT HOLDING THE TILT UP BUTTON ONLY TILTED IT UP. IT DID NOT GO THROUGH ANY OTHER MOVEMENTS. I HELD THE SWITCH DOWN FOR ABOUT 15 SECONDS
After it tilts up, press and hold it again, to force it to continue. Or did you remove the motor at any point in replacing the glass?