Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 2012 toyota tacoma that the battery has been hooked

Customer Question

I have a 2012 toyota tacoma that the battery has been hooked up backwards. Do you know of an anti theft reset procedure or do you think it is fuse or ecu related?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. Anytime the battery is hooked up backwards, or jumper backwards, there is a fuse that blows. Located in the fuse panel under the hood, there is a rectangular cartridge with a clear plastic 'window' you can look thru, to see the fuse wire. Please open the hood, open the fuse panel lid, and inspect anything that has a clear plastic 'window'. Look closely at the wire in the bottom of the cartridge thru the window. See if the wire is separated. If so, the fuse is blown and needs ot be replaced. If the blown fuse is a high current fuse (100 or more amps), advise of this for further instructions. Thanks.