Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

We have a 2007 toyota corolla car that run very well.

Customer Question

we have a 2007 toyota corolla car that run very well. However, all lights including checking engine, balance, brake are turned on. Brake functions perfectly fine. All tires are in good condition with right air pressure. Speed meter can be turned on, but does not indicate the driving speed. I believe the problem is electronic or software related. Where should we go to get the problem fixed? We don't want to go to toyota dealer in Montgomery Country of Maryland who often charge customers way too much. Thanks,
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 1 year ago.

Hello, thanks for posting

It may not be anything serious and in most cases check engine lights are emission control related or there is an input sensor malfunction, you don't have to go to a Toyota dealer at this time, when you get a chance go to an autoparts like like Autozone, O Reilly or Advance Auto, Pep Boys, they help you get the diagnostic trouble codes at no charge then just reply here and I can give you some advice on how to go about fixing the problem, at this time I'm only interested in why the check engine light is on, please give me the code number information and I can probably help you fix it yourself or tell you what should be done.

I may be offline for while this afternoon so I hope it's not too urgent, I will get back to you as soon as can

Thanks.