Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I have a 1989 Toyota Supra and the instrument panel lights,

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 1989 Toyota Supra
and the instrument panel lights, tail lights, and fog lights have stopped working. The previous owner of the car had the car modified where the fog lights worked without the headlights being on. When I activate the alarm, all the lights turn on for a second and work as they are supposed to. I checked all the fuses and relays and everything checks out. Does anyone know what the problem is?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
If this model is using an after market alarm system the after market alarm system may be defective or a wiring issue may have occurred with the alarm system causing this fault here.If this is the case and this is an after market system I would have the alarm system checked for any issues needing repaired.If this is not the case let me know.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This answer is not satisfactory. Just Answer took six (6) days to rely with a "go have the alarm system check"...And charged my account!
Please issue me a refund ASAP as this was not a professional response to a complex electrical problem. I expected for an expert to have me check a specific area or wire bundle and this was not the case. I have used u guys for a BMW, Ford Crown Victoria and other vehicles and have always received expert solutions. I'm saddened by the slow responses and lack of professional help. Once again I expect a full refund. Thank you.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
I apologize my answer didn't help with what you are looking for here.I saw no one had responded and thought I would try and help on this.If you want I can open your question up for others here to see if anyone else can assist further as someone else may have more info on what to check or do here.Let me know if this is something you would like to do.
Thanks Pete